Friday, February 17, 2012

Rosemary Cornbread

I really, really like this cornbread.  But it wasn't love at first sight.  Or foodlust at first sight.  Or taste.  This cornbread grew on me.  Its a nice hearty twist on the traditional cornbread, with added spices and flavor.  I love rosemary, and I love cornbread, and so the two of them together would be delicious, right?  I was very excited to try out this combination when I first thought of it.  However, corn + rosemary did require a brief adjustment on my part.   However, by the time I had finished the final slice, I was very sad to see it go, and I definitely plan to bake another loaf in the future!  (My housemate, on the other hand, loved this bread from the start!)

I would call this an "artsy" bread, although not an "artisan" bread.  The bread holds its own with other foods.  It would pair quite nicely with a soup or chili.  It would also make great breadcrumbs!

To make rosemary cornbread, you will need:
  • 1 1/2 cups corn flour
  • 3/4 cup oat flour
  • 3/4 cup quinoa flour
  • 3 spoonfuls of baking powder
  • 1 bottle of beer (I used Bards)
  • rosemary, salt, and sugar to taste
  • apricot jam (optional)
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Mix all dry ingredients.
  3. Add beer and stir, then taste the batter and adjust the seasoning.  Add a few spoonfuls of apricot jam to the batter, if desired.
  4. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
  5. Enjoy!



As shared on Allergy Free Lunchbox Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment