Nutty + chocolatey +... healthy? Yes! Cocoa + coconut oil work so well with the steel cut oats here.
Steel cut oats have a wonderful nutty flavor and a satisfying crunch. While I generally prefer them to the standard rolled variety, I would avoid them because they were too much work. That is, until I realized I could make steel cut oats easily in my single serving rice cooker (stay tuned for some more details in a future post!).
To make these chocolate oats, you will need:
- Plain oats of choice, cooked as you like them and warm (steel cut oats are wonderful!)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, to taste
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (I used Splenda)
- Coconut butter, a small dab for richness or to taste
- Mix everything together.
- Taste and adjust ingredients as necessary.