You will need:
- Spaghetti squash
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Olive oil (optional)
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. If this is difficult to do, microwave the whole squash on high for 2 minutes or so and then cut it.
- Scoop out the seeds. If you like, you can wash and bake them - they are edible and yummy!
- Take a de-seeded squash half and put it innards-facing-down on a microwave-safe plate. Add some water to the plate, as the squash will dry up a bit in the microwave otherwise.
- Microwave the squash half on high for 5 minutes or until done (the amount of time this takes will vary from squash to squash and microwave to microwave).
- Use a fork to separate the squash innards into spaghetti-like strands.
- Add spices to taste and a small bit of olive oil, if desired.
|This was a big squash, and the first few minutes in the microwave weren't enough - everything was really clumpy.|
|After a second round in the microwave, everything was just right.|