|Make this creamy, cheesy pasta in minutes!|
Easy, cheesy. And delicious! I have grown to prefer this dish to Kraft concoctions, when I get the odd craving for cheesy pasta. This dish is much healthier than the standard mac and cheese. It's also very diet and special-diet friendly: the pasta is low-fat, very low-carb, high protein, gluten-free, and the whole (huge!) bowl has 150 calories or less. You will need:
- 2 bags of shirataki noodles
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow light cheese, in Original Swiss flavor
- salt, garlic, and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Take the shirataki noodles out of the bag and rinse them really, really well. Drain.
- Put the noodles in a bowl and microwave them for 90 seconds on high. Drain again.
- Unwrap the cheese wedges and add them to the bowl, stir until most of the cheese has melted onto the noodles.
- Microwave everything again for 30 seconds on high, and then stir the noodle mixture some more.
- Add spices to taste and stir.
Makes 1 huge and filling portion.
Some notes on shirataki noodles: You can find Tofu Shirataki Noodles by House Foods at many supermarkets these days, and you can find standard Shirataki noodles (tofu free!) at most Asian markets in the refrigerated section. I think both varieties work well in this recipe - use whichever you can purchase conveniently. Shirataki noodles tend to be polarizing - people either love or hate them.
Note: this recipe has been inspired by, and adapted from several by Lisa Lillien.