I am now hungry just thinking about this popcorn (and also looking at these photos!). This is the new kettle corn, but so much better (in every way)! Make this now. And for the next movie you're watching at home. Or tv show. You get the idea! And check back later for some savory popcorn recipes!
You will need:
- 1 brown bag
- Handful of unpopped popcorn kernels
- Coconut oil or other fat source (optional, 1-2 spoonfuls work nicely here)
- Salt, cinnamon, and sweetener (optional, I used stevia)
- Open the brown bag and add kernels until they form a layer about 1-2 kernels thick on the bottom of the bag (a 1 kernel thick layer in a standard brown lunchbag will yield 2-3 cups of popcorn).
- Add oil and salt.
- Fold the bag carefully, making as many creases as possible (it will unwrap a bit as it starts to pop).
- Microwave on high until the time between pops lasts 2-3 seconds.
- Open the bag carefully (it will be steamy!), add cinnamon, taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary, then close the bag and shake to distribute the spices.
|This is what the baggie looked like when I took it out of the microwave and unwrapped it. You can tell that it was folded really tightly from all of the creases in the bag.|
|Looking inside the bag, after I had already consumed a few handfuls of popcorn.|
|Now with some extra cinnamon on top.|
beet chips and our creamy overnight breakfast kasha.