This is good stuff. Sweet, creamy, and super healthy to boot! I enjoyed this coffee drink much more than a standard Starbucks Frappuccino, and I'll definitely repeat the combination of frozen fruity pears infusing my blended coffee beverages. It's so easy, and most things you'll have around the house anyway. If you chop and freeze the pears yourself, you can freeze and blend with skin (frozen fruit is often already skinned) for an extra fiber boost.
You will need:
- Chopped frozen pear
- Milk of choice (I used unsweetened Silk Almond Milk)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder to taste (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- Instant coffee or espresso, 1-2 servings worth
- Optional: cinnamon to taste (I used it), additional sweetener (I didn't include)
- Put all ingredients in a blender. I used my Magic Bullet.
- Pulse until blended.