Saturday, January 21, 2012

Easy Mocha Pudding

The pudding has a thick, creamy texture.

This is a really tasty pudding, and it's really easy to pull together.  The pudding has a Greek yogurt base, so it is high protein and low sugar to boot!  You get the health benefits of Greek yogurt without the sour taste.  You will need:

1 container of plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
2 spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
1 spoonful of instant coffee
sweetener to taste (I used 1 stevia packet)
a few drops of vanilla extract

Stir everything together and enjoy!


The yogurt base is really tasty on its own, but it's rather tart.

All the ingredients together in one container, before mixing.


Stirring it all together...

Yum!

Postscript: If you liked this post, check out Oreo MuffinsPeanut Butter Pudding, and  DIY Fruit-on-the-bottom Yogurt as well, and stay tuned for more delicious uses for plain yogurt!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Your recipes-and photos-all look amazing. I'll have to try some!!!

      Delete
  2. what size container? Teaspoons or tablespoons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really up to you! Taste as you go. If you are not a fan of the flavor of plain yogurt, go heavier on the vanilla and sweetener and light on the instant coffee.

      Delete
  3. This is very tasty! I love the slight coffee flavor. Definite keeper. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think that you have to use a certain kind of greek yogurt also; i used tazio and it was really bitter. also, don't add too much dry ingredients - it makes the yogurt have a more gritty texture. but thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to let you know I saw this on Pinterest, though the recipe was altered from your original post (it had peanut butter in it). I decided to try it for myself as I was really craving something sweet and chocolatey. I didn't have stevia or instant coffee so I decided to improvise :)

    I used Fage yogurt, Ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa, vanilla extract, simple syrup, and some good Cinnamon from Penzeys. It was really good. Thank you for this! It really hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun. I do something similar with homemade chocolate sauce. Make the sauce, keep it in the fridge, and stir some into Wallaby Greek yogurt whenever I get that chocolate craving. lol Thick, creamy, chocolatey. lol

    I will try this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete