|These biscuits are delicious served warm and topped with coconut butter.|
You will need:
- 3 cups of quinoa flour (you can make your own if you can't find it)
- 2-3 spoonfuls of baking powder
- Salt to taste (optional, recommended)
- 12 oz of Sprite (I used one of the glass bottles where the soda is made with sugar rather than corn syrup. Any lemon-lime or citrus flavored soda, including diet, would probably work well here)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Add Sprite and stir until blended. You should get a pretty thick dough. If you don't plan on serving topped with some melted butter or oil, you may want to mix some into the batter as well.
- Pour batter into 12 lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Enjoy! They taste even better the next day. You can split a biscuit with a knife, then nuke the biscuit halves in the microwave for 20 seconds or until warm, and then spread with some coconut butter, or better yet a salted coconut butter!
|This stack of biscuits was actually much more stable than it looked!|
|See the nice, crumbly golden tops?|
|Nice texture. Yum!|
|Really, the best way to serve them - with melted salty coconut butter on top!|