Friday, April 13, 2012

Deep Chocolate Truffles


 I'm a huge fan of Chocolate Covered Katie, so as soon as I saw her recipe for fudge babies and friends, I knew I wanted in.  They're easy, healthy, natural, and delicious.  So one day, when I get a super high powered blender and can pulverize some walnuts, I totally plan to make them.  Several varieties of them.  However, until then, I'll be making this recipe and calling on the same CCK concepts and deliciousness in spirit.  This recipe yields a truffle that's pretty tasty in its own right.  Your truffles will also be rich and delicious.  As with the originals, you'll need no added sugar and no blender.  You only need:
  • Almond butter (choose a variety according to taste - e.g. salty or not, roasted or not...)
  • Mashed dates (if they are difficult to mash to the consistency of applesauce, soak them for a few hours first)
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark for rich color)
  • Instant coffee powder (optional, for a mocha flavor)
  1. Mix the first three ingredients in approximately equal portions with a fork (possibly use less cocoa depending on how bitter you like things, a little goes a long way here) until a chocolatey batter forms.  
  2. Taste and adjust the proportions, adding some coffee granules if desired.
  3. Role into balls.
  4. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment