|The chocolate muffin lineup.|
- 3 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 12 oz can of beer (I used GF New Grist)
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil of choice
- to taste: unsweetened cocoa powder (1 used ~1/4 cup of Hershey's Dark), instant coffee, sweetener (you'll need more than you think; get your batter to taste as sweet as you want it to and then add a bit more sweetener to be safe-it's vegan so you can taste the batter :D), and salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tins with baking cups.
- Mix oat flour and baking powder together; fluff with spoon.
- Add beer and stir until mixed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy! (these are delicious warm or cold)
Note on beers: you will probably want to choose a lighter tasting beer if you are making a dessert. You don't want the beer flavor to overpower the other flavors in the dish.