|The pumpkin, midway through the preparations.|
You will need:
- 1 small orange pumpkin (2-3 lbs or less)
- Spices: pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and sweetener to taste
- Place the whole pumpkin in the microwave.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes on high to soften the pumpkin.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the innards. You may bake the seeds and eat them later if you like.
- Place the pumpkin halves face down on a plate, and fill the plate with water.
- Microwave the pumpkin halves for 10 minutes on high, or until soft.
- Season each half to taste with the spices.
- Mash the pumpkin and spices together with a fork.
Note: cooking times will depend on the size of your pumpkin and the power of your microwave. If this is your first time cooking a winter squash in the microwave, exercise caution and cook the squash for shorter periods and check up on it periodically.