|These sprouts are light and crispy!|
I really like this take on sprouts. The sprouts have a lighter, less oily, taste than the sprouts in the original recipe and yet they are very flavorful. I also used very little oil, so these sprouts are also pretty healthy! I like the look of the black mustard seeds in this dish.
Note: I've written this recipe with a small (1.5 quart) crockpot in mind. If you wish to use a larger crock, scale up the volumes of the other ingredients accordingly (you want to be sure your crock is at least 1/2 full to avoid burning the food!).
You will need:
- 1 pint of brussels sprouts
- 2 spoonfuls of dijon mustard
- 2 spoonfuls of mustard seeds
- 2 spoonfuls of oil (vegetable or olive)
- 1/2 spoonful of salt
- Chop off the bottom/stem part of the sprouts and then quarter them.
- Place quarterd sprouts in crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss until most of the sprouts are covered with some oil.
- Cook on low until soft on the inside and somewhat crispy on the outside. Check on the sprouts every 2 hours or so and stir them. In my crock (a 1.5 qt Chefmate unit from Target), the sprouts cooked in a little over 4 hours.