Saturday, March 3, 2012

Greek fusion veggie burger


Veggie burgers are now available in so many commercial varieties, and we can serve them in so many different ways!  In this sandwich, I use a Gardein "beefless" patty, feta cheese, and spicy brown mustard, nestled within a Flatout wrapper.  The tang of the mustard and the creaminess of the melted feta complemented the patty quite nicely, and added some moisture to boot.  This was my first time trying Gardein "beef" and I'm definitely a fan - it's more moist and chewy than the average imitation beef burger-not the stereotypical cardboard texture.  A tomato slice would have completed the food experience nicely, had we only had some tomatoes in the house.  Also, if I were feeling more ambitious, I might have added some spices to the patty before cooking it.  Still, a very satisfying meal.



1 comment:

  1. This looks like the perfect dinner meal! It’ll be on the table tonight and I bet the kids will love it too. Thanks for the recipe! Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

    ReplyDelete