Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hot and Creamy Cinnamon Breakfast Kasha

I've had this delicious kasha every day for breakfast this week.  It's wonderfully creamy and satisfying and so, so easy to make.  I am now on my way to buy another box so I can make more and more and more of it this week.  The directions are on the box for the basic mixture-I recommend adding cinnamon and a good pinch of salt as well as a drop or two of vanilla - to really bring out the flavors.  I think almond milk is just perfect here too, resulting in a breakfast pudding far more decadent in taste than regular old oats!

You will need:
  • Kasha (roasted buckwheat)
  • Milk of choice (I used Silk unsweetened almond)
  • Cinnamon, sweetener, vanilla, and salt (salt is important here)
  • Fruit for garnish (optional)
  1. Mix kasha and milk in a large bowl in approximately a ratio of 1 part kasha to 4 parts milk (or follow the box instructions)
  2. Add the remaining spices to taste.
  3. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.  Watch closely-you don't want the kasha to overflow and create a mess.  If the kasha seems to be rising to high in the bowl, stop the microwave and stir everthing, or transfer the mixture to a larger bowl.
  4. Let sit one minute, then stir.
  5. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment