You will need:
- Kasha (roasted buckwheat)
- Milk of choice (I used Silk unsweetened almond)
- Cinnamon, sweetener, vanilla, and salt (salt is important here)
- Fruit for garnish (optional)
- Mix kasha and milk in a large bowl in approximately a ratio of 1 part kasha to 4 parts milk (or follow the box instructions)
- Add the remaining spices to taste.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Watch closely-you don't want the kasha to overflow and create a mess. If the kasha seems to be rising to high in the bowl, stop the microwave and stir everthing, or transfer the mixture to a larger bowl.
- Let sit one minute, then stir.