|They're cute, aren't they?|
I need some help getting things just right! For whatever reason it is that you're avoiding cheese (or if, like me, you just enjoy the novelty of finding new combinations of ingredients to recreate some familiar flavors, with a twist), I hope this combination of ingredients inspires you to fiddle around in your kitchen. Right now there is something kindof "off" about these cheese balls, but I'm not sure exactly what it is! These cheese balls CAN be perfected. And you, yes *you* can do it! And when you get it to work, let me know!
To start fiddling with the recipe, I recommend:
- Medium ripe avocado
- Lemon juice
- Nutritional yeast flakes
- Bran (I used rice bran)
- Protein powder (I used brown rice protein powder)
- Garlic, salt, and pepper
- Mash the avocado to a pulp.
- Add some lemon juice.
- Add remaining dry ingredients in sufficient quantities to get things to a more doughy consistency, and stir until everything is blended (use more bran or protein powder depending on what sort of flavor/nutrient profile you want. Rice bran and brown rice protein powder both lend a nice salty/savory consistency to your cheezy dough).
- Taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- Sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast flakes.
- Enjoy immediately, or chill in the fridge for a bit.