I have a new chip love. It's a healthy and beautiful baked beet chip. However, these chips don't taste healthy at all. They're more delicious and amazing than potato chips. I adapted my recipe from one on Natural Noshing. This recipe is a keeper, one I will be making again and again (and again!). To make these chips you will need:
- I medium-large beet
- Salt, pepper, and nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Clean and thinly slice the beet (I had poor control of a really dull knife, so I couldn't get perfectly thin slices or anything - doesn't matter too much, but if you can get nice thin slices you can get a really crunchy chip!)
- Spray a baking sheet (or, if you don't feel like doing the work to clean it afterwards, line first with aluminum foil and then spray)
- Arrange the beet slices on the foil sheet.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Bake until desired crispness is achieved. For me this took about 30 minutes, but keep a close eye on your beets, especially if the slices are thin.
|All ready for the oven.|
|Out of the oven, ready for eating!|