I followed Ms. Fiasco's recipe to a T, except I added a bit of instant coffee to the mix before popping it in the microwave to get a mocha flavor in the mix. The texture is amazing and cakelike - I didn't taste the pumpkin in the mix at all. The cake is also beautiful and yields a substantial portion. Be careful to add a lot of sugar or sweetener, though-without it the cake can be a bit bitter.
I will definitely make this again, hopefully veganized.
Enjoy with a 60 calorie vegan mocha!
You will need:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg white
- 2 spoonfuls of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspon/small spoon of baking powder
- 3 spoonfuls of milk of choice
- Instant coffee (optional)
- Sweetener of choice
- Mix everything together. You may want to put everything except the egg in so that you can safely taste and be sure you have sufficient sweetener.
- Pour into microwave safe greased or sprayed ramekin.
- Nuke it for about 3 minutes, but watch it like a hawk, as every microwave is different.
If you would like something similar in taste but less healthy and even faster to put together, try these espresso brownie cups! You may also enjoy our grain free brownies (more work, but more servings and also super yummy).