This bread is delicious! The flavoring and moistness are, I think just right, a blend of sweet and savory, with the apricot bits providing the perfect taste of tart decadence. Overall, the switch from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup of oat bran was a good decision (this bread is a variation on our high fiber oat bread). However, this time the loaf was a bit too crumbly, so if I make the loaf again I'll want to try adding some flax or an egg white to improve the overall cohesion of the loaf. Also, I found that the apricots often sank to the bottom of the loaf. Perhaps next time if I cut them into finer pieces, this will happen less frequently.
You will need:
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 2-3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 spoonful of oil (optional)
- 1 bottle beer (can use GF beer for a GF loaf)
- 10-20 diced apricots, or to taste
- A generous sprinkling of rosemary, or to taste
- Salt and sweetener to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first three dry ingredients and fluff with fork.
- Add beer and stir until everything gets dissolved.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Taste batter and adjust seasoning, etc. as necessary.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
Gluten-Free Beer Bread, High Fiber Oat Bread, and Wild Blueberry Bread!