|The three ingredient, gluten-free and vegan alternative to the standard protein bar.|
These babies are delicious and super easy to make. They're also healthier and cheaper than the store bought varieties (e.g. PowerBar balls). You will need:
- Peanut butter (I used chunky pb)
- Jelly or jam of choice (I used Polaner sugar free blackberry)
- Protein powder of choice (I used an unsweetened vanilla-flavored soy protein powder)
- Microwave the pb for 30 seconds or so, so it's soft and workable.
- Add in the other ingredients and mix until a consistent dough forms. You'll want to use approximately equal volumes of everything to get started.
- Adjust the dough as needed-if it's too wet, add more protein powder, and if you wish it were sweeter, add a bit more jam.
- Roll into balls.
|You can make these into hearts for Valentine's Day by squishing two smaller balls together.|
|These balls have a really nice texture. Use chunky pb if you like to see bits of nuts in your bar, as in this picture.|
If you liked this recipe, you may also enjoy our no-bake shortbread cookies, peanut butter muffin flats, and peanut butter pudding!
These balls were inspired by Jessica at Chockohlawtay.
This post is part of Allergy Free Wednesdays.